Our BayWISS Joint Academic Partnership is a platform and network for both young and experienced researchers alike, and strengthens the culture of academic exchange between universities of applied sciences and universities – throughout Bavaria.
We promote doctoral candidates' personal development, provide a structured path towards gaining their doctorate and ensure academic quality
- clear supervision function, transparent expectations and structured milestones during the doctoral process via the BayWISS supervision agreement
- systematic introduction to the Scientific Community through external and internal network events and access to the Joint Academic Partnership universities´ graduate programmes (more on our events)
- exclusive platform for doctoral candidates, e.g. seminars, collegial advice, coaching, lecture series, symposia, training courses (can be jointly developed in a proactive and needs-oriented way)
- specific module offer “Introduction into Philosophy and Ethics for Natural and Technical Scientists” in cooperation with the Munich School of Philosophy (from autumn 2020).
- financial support for project-specific equipment, publications, conference trips, participation in workshops and training courses (including the cost of travel), as well as stays abroad for research purposes
- individual advice and organisational support by our coordinator.
We look forward to new members!
Key components of the BayWISS "Verbundpromotion"
- university and university of applied sciences professors jointly and equally provide supervision and expert opinions on the doctorate
- no additional entrance hurdles according to type of university
- no differentiation in the doctoral degree according to academic origin
- name of supervising university of applied sciences on the university doctoral certificate
Kick-Off Kampagne "I love Science" und Infoabend
1. Online Stammtisch für alle BayWISS Betreuerinnen und Betreuer am 5. Mai 2022
Call for PhD Candidates | Summer School Trust and Safety in Artificial Intelligence | July 4th – 9th 2022 | Antibes, France
Save the Date: Online-Workshop zur Professionalisierung der Promotionsbetreuung für alle BayWISS-Betreuer*innen
Get in touch. We look forward to your questions and ideas for our Joint Academic Partnership Production Technology!
Dr. Jens Helbig
Koordinator BayWISS-Verbundkolleg Produktionstechnik
Technische Hochschule Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm
Institut für Chemie, Material- und Produktentwicklung (OHM-CMP)
Keßlerplatz 12, Gebäude KB, Raum KB.306a